Image Map

Monday, August 6, 2012

Guess What!?!?!

You are looking at the next KINDERGARTEN TEACHER!!!!! 


I am so excited!! I was offered a job at American Heritage Academy last Monday and went in today to meet with the other Kindergarten Teacher, and discuss the curriculum a little bit. She's letting me decide which classroom I want and now I get to go to work and getting it ready! They only have school Tuesday-Friday each week, I start training next week and school starts August 28th! They start out each day with a devotional: pledge of allegiance, song, prayer, and mini lesson from the Bible. How sweet is that!? I am so thrilled I can't even express it in words! I'm excited for this opportunity and can't wait to jump in and get going! I'm going to live up each day!


"All I really need to know about how to live and what to do and how to be, I learned in kindergarten. Wisdom is not at the top of the graduate school mountain, but there in the sand pile of preschool.

"These are the things I learned:
  *Share everything.  
*Play fair.  
*Don't hit people.  
*Put things back where you found them. 
 *Clean up your own mess.  
*Don't take things that aren't yours.  
*Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody.  
*Wash your hands before you eat.  
*Flush.  
*Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.  
*Live a balanced life - learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some.  
*Take a nap every afternoon.  
*When you go out in the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands and stick together.
*Be aware of wonder. 
*Remember the little seed in the Styrofoam cup: the roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that.  
*Goldfish and hamsters and white mice and even the little seed in the Styrofoam cup - they all DIE. So do we.  
*And then remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first word you learned - the biggest word of all - LOOK."

 (Quote is from here)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment,
it always makes my day!!